Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF)
Build a better future through your SMSF, with flexible investments across crypto, precious metals and other alternatives, all within Australia’s most tax efficient investment vehicle.
Alternative Investment Friendly
- Direct property
- Direct shares
- and more
- Your selection of investments from the platforms and brokerages of your choice. Your SMSF is a flexible investment vehicle that can acquire shares, real-estate and a whole range of alternatives. We support your investments in crypto, precious metals and collectables.
- Gifted with a low tax rate of only 15%, SMSFs were designed for Australians to save for retirement. With an effective tax rate of 10% on long-term capital investments and 0% on income at retirement, the compounding effects of tax efficiency can be truly staggering on long term wealth.
- Fixed compliance fees mean that as your fund size grows, you pay a lower percentage fee and continue to achieve better performance. This is in stark contrast to the variable costs seen in industry and retail APRA funds. Your existing APRA fund will continue to charge a percentage of your total wealth, taking an ever increasing fee as your fund grows, despite doing little extra to warrant it.
Australia's favourite long-term investment vehicle
- Every working Australian already has Superannuation, but very few are making the most of it. It’s the most overlooked and neglected source of wealth, despite being the most important. As a nation we are carelessly setting up multiple accounts, stacking on duplicated insurance policies and not paying enough attention to our super
- As soon as it makes financial sense, you should be asking yourself if an SMSF is right for you. Keep in mind that an SMSF can currently have up to 4 members, helping to split the costs involved. With the right support, you can build a better future alongside the 591,905 active SMSFs across Australia that manage a combined $698 billion in assets.
Working with us
- By partnering with Kova Tax, you unlock the full potential of your SMSF. We support the providers and services of your choice without the arbitrary restrictions and lock-in encountered with wholesale SMSF providers. We are passionate about the digital asset and alternatives space and actively support your investments in these sectors.
- You receive a direct engagement with a highly skilled and dedicated adviser who will be allocated to your Fund. No call center hell or delayed responses from unskilled offshore accountants run by wholesale SMSF providers. Don’t leave your future sitting in economy when you deserve first-class.
- We are bringing professional services to you the way they were always intended to be. It’s your vision for your future and not ours. We are your qualified support team who can provide tax advice and as an Authorised Representative of an AFSL is able to provide you financial advice on SMSF establishment, contribution strategies, pensions and LRBA arrangements.
Full Stack Support
Establishment AdviceEnsure your SMSF is setup correctly and meets your specific needs. Receive ongoing advice to maximise your contribution strategy and save for your future in the most effective way possible.
EstablishmentWe ensure your SMSF is setup with a modern and up to date SMSF Trust Deed that explicitly supports investments in cryptocurrency and other alternatives. All of your declarations, company and SMSF documents will be provided.
Full ComplianceOur service includes all of your mandatory annual financial statements, tax return and audit. We ensure your fund is always compliant, all from one place, without the hassle of orchestrating multiple professionals and advisers.
Setting up your SMSF
Financial AdviceFinancial advice is recommended for anyone who is either unsure of the suitability of an SMSF for them or is uncertain on the exact details of the structure they should be setting up. With financial advice we analyse your financial situation in detail and provide our opinion specific to your circumstances by issuing you with a Statement of Advice (SOA).
Not everyone needs financial advice, and if you are knowledgeable and have done the necessary research, then you may decide it is not required. In this case, just let us know that financial advice is not required for you, and provide details for the SMSF that you require us to setup. We can still provide you with all of our other services.
EstablishmentYour entities are setup and registered with the ATO and ASIC. This includes the Corporate Trustee and the SMSF Trust. You and your fund members will have many documents to sign and it is important that you spend the time to do this correctly. Your SMSF documents, in particular the Trust Deed, must be physically signed by hand to ensure they have been correctly executed and to remove any doubt that the SMSF has been legally established.
Account SetupWith your SMSF setup complete, we can assist you to open a bank account and you can register with any of the brokerages, trading platforms or other services you will use to make investments. We help you do this the right way, so that you continue as a complying SMSF and do not put your tax incentives at risk.
Investment StrategyIt is a requirement for your SMSF to adopt an Investment Strategy. This document is a comprehensive guide to your strategy for investments and details your decision making on specific investment types. When making investments into alternatives it is even more critical that justification and reasoning be provided for all investments undertaken by the fund. We streamline this process for you by assisting you to pre-fill and complete an Investment Strategy that will keep your fund compliant.
RolloverOnce your bank account is ready, you can initiate the rollover of your existing superannuation and direct any ongoing contributions into your new SMSF. With your investment strategy in place, and all accounts setup, your fund can begin making investments.
Everything included to keep you compliant and on-track with support from our SMSF team.*all prices are inclusive of GST
- add $25 /month for 100 additional transactions annually
- add $50 /month for each investment property
- add $50 /month for each member with a pension account
- investments in collectables, unlisted companies and other investments (price on quote)
Building a better digital world
Kova Tax is a tech-driven accounting firm building a better digital world for SMSFs, businesses and individuals in the fintech and cryptocurrency sector. Our accountants are not just skilled professionals, but also passionate investors in the digital asset space. Kova Tax is a corporate member of Blockchain Australia and participates in the Tax Working Group where we are driving positive legislative changes in this sector. We are published in the Institute of Public Accountants for our work on digital assets and present at a number of industry conferences throughout the year. We are Australia’s first accounting firm to enable all of our employees to be paid in bitcoin and we accept cryptocurrency as payment for our services. We are driven to building a better digital world.
Your better future begins
Drop us a message below or call. Join the 1.1 million Australians already using their SMSF to unlock a better future, that is in your control.