Accounting and tax for cryptocurrency and blockchain
Kova Tax works with digital currency and blockchain businesses that want clarity on their tax and accounting. Our team are not just experienced accountants, but we are also passionate investors and users of digital currency and blockchain technology. We were the first Australian accounting firm to offer all employees to be paid in bitcoin and we accept payment for our services in cryptocurrency. Whatever your requirements, we can assist you to grow and thrive in this disruptive sector of the economy.
Our clients are:
- Digital currency exchanges
- Digital currency businesses
- Investment and trading funds
- Professional investors and traders
- Self-managed superfunds
Services for your digital currency business
Fullstack business accounting including bookkeeping, management reporting and financial statements. All prepared by professionals, to the high quality required for a digital currency business.
Tax and Advisory
Tax strategy and advice so you can actually plan ahead rather than being surprised. Our tax advisors can give you advice on all aspects of GST, Income Tax and other areas of Tax. Our team will complete your business tax compliance including tax return, BAS and other taxes.
With millions in grants issued each year, digital currency businesses have the opportunity to receive support from many government initiatives. Our team can manage the application process for you and boost your chance of successfully receiving funding. Our service is base + performance, meaning you pay for what we achieve.
Building a better digital world
Kova Tax is a tech-driven accounting firm building a better digital world for SMSFs, businesses and individuals in the fintech and cryptocurrency sector. Our accountants are not just skilled professionals, but also passionate investors in the digital asset space. Kova Tax is a corporate member of Blockchain Australia and participates in the Tax Working Group where we are driving positive legislative changes in this sector. We are published in the Institute of Public Accountants for our work on digital assets and present at a number of industry conferences throughout the year. We are Australia’s first accounting firm to enable all of our employees to be paid in bitcoin and we accept cryptocurrency as payment for our services. We are driven to building a better digital world.
- Tax structuring advice on new digital currency businesses
- New entity establishment and registration
- Business plan documentation
- Foreign owned and controlled businesses establishing a local presence in Australia
- Support for non-resident shareholders and directors
- Financial reporting for digital currency businesses according to AASB and IFRS standards
- Accounting treatment of financial supplies
- Restructuring chart of accounts for digital currency businesses
- Payroll and compulsory superannuation guarantee payments
- Establishing cloud based accounting systems
GST, Income Tax and Other Tax
- Advising on the GST implications on the making of financial supplies
- Eligibility to claim GST credits in relation to financial supplies
- GST implications and compliance obligations of online distribution platforms
- Advising on GST implications of exchange marketplaces and brokerage services
- Advising on tax implications of handling digital currencies
- Advising on tax implications of specific business events
- Private ruling applications for cryptocurrency personal use exemption
- Advising on tax nature of digital currency investments, CFDs and other financial instruments
- Company and Trust income tax returns
- BAS preparation and lodgement
- FBT returns
Digital-native, no matter where you are.
We are a digital-native firm that works with businesses all across Australia. It doesn't matter where you are in Australia or abroad, we are fully equipped to support you remotely. More and more of our clients prefer connecting over video, call and email, saving commute time and receiving the best support.